When I gave up processed food, I sadly gave up most store-bought salad dressings as well. Have you ever looked at the ingredients in your favorite prepared dressings? It's a mess back there: soybean oil, corn syrup, modified food starch, yellow #5...need I go on?
At first I was bummed by having yet another thing to make, and then I realized that in most cases, homemade dressings tasted ten times better than the ones I got in the store. This Italian dressing is no exception! Use it on salads, as a marinade, in wraps, whatever. Just use it!
Serves 2 - 4
- 3 tbsp vinegar (your choice which! I use white wine, red wine, balsamic or ACV depending on my mood)
- 1/2-1 tsp Dijon mustard, depending on preference
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning or 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Alternatively, put in a Mason jar and shake the hell out of it.
- That's it! Enjoy right away or refrigerate for future use. Ingredients may separate if not using right away -- shake or stir to combine again before using.