Listen up, Glow Getters, because I am about to blow your mind.
In a few minutes. First, let's talk about how carb-less Taco Tuesday does not compare to the Taco Tuesdays of our carefree, grain-consuming heyday. I mean, a good taco deserves a good tortilla, am I right? While I dabble in lettuce cups filled with taco stuffs, they leave much to be desired, especially when they rip and spill all your fillings out onto your plate, or even worse, your hand.
So what's a taco lover to do? Just give up on traditional tacos and turn your fillings into taco salads instead? While that's been my approach in the past, I recently stumbled upon a game changer that let me put my lettuce away.
Best of all, it only requires one ingredient.
Glow Getters, feast your eyes on the Cheesy Taco Shell. Behold its glory:
This taco shell is a keto-er's dream. One to two full servings of fat, sturdy enough to handle even the most juicy of meats (carnitas, anyone?), and delicious to boot. Best of all, no fake ingredients or weird flavors that can be found in some of the low carb tortillas out there. Just straight up cheese.
So let's get to it!
Makes 2 taco shells, multiply as necessary
Ingredient (that's right, just one)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like cheddar, but pepper jack would be great as well!)
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper (not wax paper!)
- Yard Stick (for making multiples)
- 2 Cans, bowls, or cups of same height
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400. Wrap yardstick in aluminum foil and suspend on the two cans/bowls/cups. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese into a circle shape on the baking pan. Repeat to make a second circle.
- Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- With a spatula, remove cheese circle from pan and drape over yardstick to form a taco shape. Let cool until firm, about five minutes. (Tip: put a paper towel under the tacos in case they drip oils.)
- Stuff with your favorite fillings, and enjoy!
Have you been craving tacos since you went low carb? Try this recipe! You won't be disappointed. Let me know what you think in the comments!