Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
You can barely tell from the fluctuating temperatures outside, but spring is here! One of my favorite all-time vegetables is asparagus, and it's at its peak in the spring. Although you can find it fresh year round, this is the time of year when you can expect the flavor to be more pronounced and the price to be cheapest. Why not take advantage of this double whammy by whipping up this quick two-ingredient side dish for dinner tonight?
- 1 lb asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 4 slices of bacon
- Olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Baking pan
- Foil for quick clean up (optional)
- Cooling rack (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking pan with foil (if using). Set cooling rack in foil-lined pan.
- Coat asparagus lightly with olive oil, then season to taste with black pepper.
- Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions. Wrap one piece of bacon around each portion, starting right below the tip and ending at the base.
- Arrange bundles on cooking rack/baking sheet, then pop in the oven for 12-15 mins or until bacon is crispy and asparagus is tender. (Time may vary depending on the thickness of your bacon.)
- Take your pretty little bundles out of the oven, and enjoy!
Easy peasy, right? As simple as this recipe is, it's a huge crowd pleaser. Try this one out and prepare to amaze your friends and family with your awesomeness. And as usual, let me know what you think!