Matcha Chia Pudding
As you may know if you follow me on Instagram, I LOVE chia puddings. I mean what's not to love? Depending on your goals/moods you can really change them up to make them whatever you want to be. Sometimes I make them thinner and eat it from a bowl to be reminiscent of a porridge, sometimes I make them thick like a hearty pudding should be, the kind that holds its own in layers. And the flavor combos -- don't even get me started.
Another thing I love about chia puddings is that they pack a great fat/nutrient punch. Chia provides loads of fiber, omega-3s, and calcium, among other nutrients, and also 4.5 g of fat per tablespoon. In addition, I make my chia puddings with coconut milk, so I get all the wonderful fatty goodness and flavor from that as well. Depending on what you put in it, it's a great way to get some good fats in . So, without further ado, here's today's chia pudding variation: Matcha!
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp monk fruit (or sweetener of your choice)
- toppings: as pictured, 1/4 cup pomegranate arils, 1/4 cup blackberries, 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Storage container (I use Mason jars)
- Mix coconut milk, matcha, and sweetener together thoroughly. I like to put it in a container with a lid (usually a Mason jar) and shake the hell out of it.
- Taste mixtrue to check sweetness level. If desired, add more sweetener.
- When milk and matcha are combined, add chia seeds and mix again.
- Let sit, covered, at least four hours or overnight, shaking once at least an hour after mixing.
- Eat as is, or top with whatever you'd like. Enjoy!
If you love this flavor, you're going to love the other chia puddings I have for you. And if you're not a fan of matcha (how are you not a fan of matcha?!), you'll love the other variations even more! What's your favorite chia pudding combo?